Thanks for the links, Leila.

I am generally happy with what I have seen of the Talk Pages project. I am
familiar with the current talk page system being difficult to explain to
new users. I was dreading the possibility of WMF operating with a wrecking
ball to get the changes that it wants, but thankfully the early indications
are that this project is being handled carefully.

I am remain unconvinced that Space is a good use of WMF resources, with the
exception that Space provides a WMF-hosted option for private group
discussions that WMF is willing to accept under its current policies for
Space. People who currently use non-WMF platforms for private group
discussions might decide that they would prefer to have some of those
discussions on Space. Notably, MediaWiki doesn't provide robust support for
private group discussions on a wiki that is public by default.

Have a good weekend,

Pine