Hi Jane,
Thank you for your answer, but I think I did not make my point clear enough
given the answer you made.
On the francophone wiki there is not “local WIR”. There are a few sister
projects like les sans pages of which I am the founder (so people might turn to
me  for questions) or ateliers femmes et féminismes, Wikimatrimoine ect. I
think we view WIR as a sister project, not as an umbrella. We would like equal
access to ressources, finance and management, which is why it is important for
us to have WMF reps at our regional events. Local chapters are great, but it’s
not the same. I have tried to go to as many international events as possible,
because this is where you learn about the politics and new tools and financing
possibilities. I could not go most of the time because our project was very
successful. and nearly every two week two there are events and because I have a
family too, and limited finances. So yes, having a person representing outreach
would have been great. I think we need T&S and Outreach to be there, with the
possibility of booking appointments.

I was writing about rapid grants not questions about wikipedia, saying  that
local reps are worried about the way rapid grants have been designed with
timing to apply according to themes.
See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Learn
What was great about rapid grants was:
-flexibility : you could ask for funding anytime and receive it within 3 weeks
(now you have to apply between the 1rst and 15th of each month and decision is
made one month after)
- for certain themes you can only apply at certain time in the year making it
very rigid. No doubt volunteers will miss lots of opportunities because of
this.
IMO the major asset of the rapid grants, flexibiiity and speed to adapt to
volunteers fluctuating engagement is now gone. Why?

I copy and paste below the new rules. I was wondering why this new ruling is in
place as it seems to some volunteers very complicated and rigid as opposed to
the last system.
I was wondering if the advice of volunteers was taken into account.

You must submit your application between the 1st and 15th of each month. Please
plan to make your applications accordingly, so you will have a decision about
your grant within the timeframe you need to plan your event. Decisions will be
made by the 15th of the following month.
In the months specified below, we will prioritize support to contests and
campaigns. These months will be solely dedicated to different contests
throughout the year:
August: only receiving proposals for Wiki Loves Monuments
September: only receiving proposals for Awareness Grants(campaign)
December: only receiving proposals for Wiki Loves Africa
January: only receiving proposals for Art + Feminism (campaign)
March: only receiving proposals for Wiki Loves Earth
Outside the months specified above, proposals are welcomed in all other
categories: edit-a-thons, contests, photowalks, general promotion campaigns,
and video campaigns. We will also consider proposals outside of these
categories, such as software development.
I hope I have clarified a little what I meant, which is basically that WMF is
so useful that until regional hubs are set up if they are, we need them more
present at our events.

Kind regards,
Natacha