Regarding Timeless, folks may want to read
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Timeless/Post-deployment_support/Final
.

I'm cross-posting this thread to the public Design mailing list. That's
usually a quiet list, but I think that if people want to have an extensive
discussion that is focused on design issues then that list would be a good
venue.

Pine