Hello John,

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 14:01:46 +0100
John Erling Blad <jeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote 1996 in the subject field because that was the year I made a
> wikisite with tabbed interface, and experimented with a paper-like
> design in Xt. More or less what designers today would call a material
> design. The present design is what I would call Monobook 2.0, and that
> imply a 15 year old design. Monobook was rolled out in 2004-2005 if I
> remember correctly.

In that case, it was flamebait and provocative.

> At nowiki we had a discussion with a designer from The Oslo School of
> Architecture and Design around 2009, and he come up with a really nice
> design. The design at SNL (the other Norwegian lexicon) starts to look
> more and more like it. The design proposal was deemed to radical and
> to simple for Wikipedia. He got several awards for the design.
>
> No, I'm not a designer, but I do like good design.

Like I said, I do not find the current https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
design lacking, except for the fact it may not be mobile-friendly (or so called
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design ) enough, which is a
difficult problem to tackle.

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
List of Graphics Apps - https://shlom.in/graphics

Tech needs less wizards, ninjas, and rockstars, and way more sociologists.
    — https://twitter.com/nslater/status/545592700289155072