Hi! At the Wikimedia Technical Conference in Atlanta, I worked with Daren
Welsh <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Darenwelsh>, a spacewalk
instructor for NASA, to assist Christina Koch in making the edit. I am
certain this is not fake news, and you definitely should not hesitate to
celebrate this milestone :)

That said, I understand if the lack of reporting is too great to make our
own press release, and perhaps also for inclusion in the [[Wikipedia]]
article. From what I was told, the news was shared with NASA's public
affairs, but they unfortunately did not create a blog post or the like. It
is my impression this historic edit is much more significant to us than to
NASA (as an organization), especially considering Christina did this in her
free time. We may have to be the primary source, if we want one.

I don't think we can necessarily expect Christina to satisfy doubts of the
authenticity of her edit or account either, as she's understandably very
busy breaking records and being an inspiration to women and space
enthusiasts around the world <https://nyti.ms/365aFjD> :) Let's just be
grateful that she took the time to do this for us in the first place. I
certainly am grateful for my very tiny role!

Kind regards,

~ MA