And the next big surprise, to me, is that so many of their members are
genuinely good people, strongly engaged with the movement. Still, that
committee is something close to a complete failure (if not a complete
failure).
It seems clear to me that the failure of AffCom most probably is not the
fault of its members. But if they do not come in the open to the community
talking about the problems they face there, I don't see much that people
out of WMF can do about it, besides barking at AffCom when it misbehaves.

It seems an useful body, it seems to have been an useful body when it was
still ChapCom - I wonder what have happened after that that led to this sad
situation - and I hope it can be fixed somehow in the near future, as we,
the affiliates, desperately need that body in a functional state - at least
while something else is not devised to coordinate affiliations in the
Wikimedia Movement.

Best,
Paulo - Darwin

Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com> escreveu no dia quinta,