On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 14:08, Gnangarra <gnanga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> that doesn't mean we don't try to find alternative ways and improve on  the
> way we deal with issues

Having observed and researched the working of ANI it became apparent to me
that the unstructured nature of the discussions there allows for great
fluctuations in what selection of opinions and interests are represented in
each discussion. As the outcome of discussions is mostly steered by the
number of editors supporting any resolution, it's easy to drown out
individual views, even if that's the closest to the truth. A more
structured format that would limit statements and present them equally -
similar to ArbCom's - would ensure more protection from steering
discussions towards a non-neutral outcome based on popularity.
Previously in the discussions about the User reporting system I've drafted (
ref
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Community_health_initiative/User_reporting_system_consultation_2019#Factual,_evidence_based_reporting_tool_-_draft,_proposal>)
how a tool that ensures this format would work.
I believe that approach would limit how "dramatic" a dispute can become.

Aron