My thoughts go out to the communities struggling to keep doing their
'work'. It must be incredibly challenging to maintain a neutral
encyclopedia in light of government censorship, split populations, threats
and violence.

I know WMF is trying hard to do the right thing for editors under threat,
and I hope that the worldwide community can do whatever it can, to assist
the communities in these countries to function somewhat. I don't know how
myself (+1 to Pierre-Yves), but I hope at least that displaced Wikimedians
(be it from Belarus, Russia or Ukraine) feel comfortable to contact
affiliates and other Wikimedian groups in their new location for practical
and moral support.

A very practical consideration: I understand that the Russian community is
suppressing history of sensitive articles. I imagine that some features
around this kind of 'emergency obscurity' that go well outside our normal
scope of operation might be considered more of a priority to develop right
now.

Best,
Lodewijk