This is sad to hear and brings back memories of filling similarly myself.

To keep thinks very pragmatic I would advise that IFA.de and/or local
Goethe Institute be contacted and invited to both part take and help with
this. Both are likely to be willing and interested in support WMDE as they
do cultural programming around related topics.

Wikimedia should be a self referential bubble but both give and ask support
for its work, even when it is late and no professional is assigned
specifically to work on this.

Best Z. Blace