Am having the same issue with Google poorly indexing MDWiki.org. I have
personally switched my default browser to duckduckgo as they index much
better. The two folks at Google who used to support their collaborations
with Wikipedia are no longer with the company. Not sure if they have been
replaced by anyone.

James

On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 12:51 AM Bodhisattwa <bodhisattwa.rg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Apologies for cross-posting.
>
> For those who have not noticed till now, Google is not indexing any
> Wikisource language editions for the last couple of years which practically
> means that any Wikisource contents in any languages, which are being
> created in these years, are not searchable on Google and hence largely
> remain invisible on the web.
>
> This is an extremely demotivating and frustrating situation for the
> existing Wikisource volunteers to witness, draining away all of our past
> and current efforts to bring and retain viewers, readers, GLAM partners and
> any potential new editors. We already have a very low awareness and
> visibility about Wikisource among general internet users due to lack of
> organized support in these years but the invisibility on Google search
> engine could become the last nail in our coffin, unless it is fixed soon.
>
> There is a phabricator ticket raised by Darwinius back in December 2022 -
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T325607.
>
> Can't this issue be put into priority by sys admins and WMF to work upon?
> Wikisource is still a sister project of Wikimedia and it needs some very
> basic care, after all.
>
> Regards,
> Bodhisattwa
> (Bengali Wikisource volunteer)