As Ilario points out, our Wikisource and Wiktionary are heavily relating on gadgets, divs, css, templates... We can't blame the community: they do what they can with a practically abandonware software.

We need to discuss this, because sister projects need way more attention.

Best
Galder

2023(e)ko abu. 1(a) 17:24 erabiltzaileak hau idatzi du (Ilario valdelli <valde...@gmail.com>):

To better index, you must follow as much as possible structured page.

More gadget you use, more unreadable is the pages to the machines.

Try to have a blind person reading the Wikisource pages with their own
tools. Will it be difficult for them? Found the problem.

You want to create pages which are more user friendly? But you do it for
people having eyes. Machines doesn't have eyes.

KInd regards

On 01/08/2023 08:47, Bodhisattwa wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Apologies for cross-posting.
>
> For those who have not noticed till now, Google is not indexing any
> Wikisource language editions for the last couple of years which
> practically means that any Wikisource contents in any languages, which
> are being created in these years, are not searchable on Google and
> hence largely remain invisible on the web.
>
> This is an extremely demotivating and frustrating situation for the
> existing Wikisource volunteers to witness, draining away all of our
> past and current efforts to bring and retain viewers, readers, GLAM
> partners and any potential new editors. We already have a very low
> awareness and visibility about Wikisource among general internet users
> due to lack of organized support in these years but the invisibility
> on Google search engine could become the last nail in our coffin,
> unless it is fixed soon.
>
> There is a phabricator ticket raised by Darwinius back in December
> 2022 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T325607.
>
> Can't this issue be put into priority by sys admins and WMF to work
> upon? Wikisource is still a sister project of Wikimedia and it needs
> some very basic care, after all.
>
> Regards,
> Bodhisattwa
> (Bengali Wikisource volunteer)