On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 14:07, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone at the WMF doing anything in support of the two jailed Saudi
> Wikimedians, be it liaising with international or regional human rights
> organisations, the US State Department, briefing journalists so the wider
> public is aware of the situation, or anything else to make sure Osama and
> Ziyad aren't forgotten about as they start (by my calculation) their fourth
> year in jail?

Given Mohammed bin Salman current apparent attitude towards the US
none of those can reasonably be considered "anything in support ".
Realisticaly the only things likely to have any impact would be
sactions (non viable due to wider issues with global oil suppliers) or
rather a lot of violence (which has some very obvious downsides). The
upshot is that US goverment has very little ability to do anything
(even if it wanted to) and the foundation not at all.

--
geni