On Sat, 27 Jan 2024 at 05:07, Samuel Klein <meta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ?   Many creators say they are glad to relicense their existing fantastic
> work, but don't have time/will to overcome the current obstacles to such
> reuse that they have to [personally] overcome for each video.  So we only get
> bulk contributions, through a third-party who is familiar with the wikis,
> once in a while...  a modest homegrown example: depthsofwiki has a range of
> great short videos that are partly educational and mainly inspiring to delve
> into the wikis and learn things. I suspect none of them are on Commons
> despite obvious relevance to the movement for outreach, illustration, and the
> like.

I suspect we are dealing with Stated vs. Revealed Preferences. Saying
no to wikipedia has more of a social cost than talking about technical
issues. Converting to something wikipedia will accept is fairly
straightforward. Handbrake has a GUI and pops up in creator workflows
as a convient way to compress B-roll. Uploading presents more of a
challange than most areas but that would be because we care more about
copyright than most so probably unavoidable,

--
geni