On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 at 22:24, Ivan Martínez <gala...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By not having a Youtube 2.0 we are avoiding a Wikipedia 2.0 with pure
> encyclopaedic videos. I see a false dilemma there.

Creating good encyclopaedic videos is from a video production point of
view a far harder problem that dealing with the technical hurdles in
uploading video to commons. Going to take a lot of effort in
scripting, shooting, lighting and editing. And having your editor of
choice render the final project in a wikipedia friendly format should
not present a problem (and if it does handbrake exists).

I really doubt we will ever get much in the way of encyclopaedic
videos on our platforms since they take so much time and cost so much
to make that they are only viable at scale from people who can do it
at as a full time job. Youtubers find ways to do that through adsense,
sponsor spots and Patreon. Not really something you can do on
wikipedia.

--
geni