Dear all,

thanks to Anthony for the detailed report and for Lane's thoughts on the matter.

To expand on me being "sort of umm aah", I am
* very interested in getting experts to review our content
* aware that giving credit to external reviewers is not popular in the community
* aware that banners are an issue too
* supportive of Magnus' suggestion to just introduce the "banner" as
another one of those maintenance templates (cf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Article_message_templates )
* aware that the existing article message templates are (almost?)
exclusively about issues with the article in question - I haven't
found any yet that would say anything positive about the article
* supportive of using the PLOS CB Topic Pages as a testing ground (cf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PLoS_Computational_Biology_articles
)
* involved in other expert review initiatives (e.g.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Computational_Biology/ISCB_competition_announcement_2015
) that may provide further testing ground
* suspecting that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_articles_incorporating_text_from_open_access_publications
may contain some pages for which a version has also passed peer review
* exploring Hypothes.is as a reviewing tool (e.g.
https://via.hypothes.is/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholinergic_neuron )
* wondering whether and how the signalling of "peer-reviewedness"
could be integrated with the signalling of source metadata, as per
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Source_MetaData/Bibliographic_metadata_for_scholarly_articles_in_Wikidata
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Open_Access/Signalling_OA-ness
* interested in a solution that would be applicable beyond WP:MED or
enwp or perhaps even Wikipedia - what about testing the waters via a
similar "banner" on Wikisource first?

Cheers,
d.