Thanks! :D

The moving average is computed over 17 days. That seems like an arbitrary
choice and it largely is but I played around with that number and 17
yielded what seemed to me the best results. I tried 7 and such and wasn't
satisfied with how those curves looked.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Trey Jones <tjo...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Smooooooooth! It looks great!
>
> Quick question—what's the period of the moving average? Is it a week, or
> more? (A week makes sense, but it looks like more, based on how much data
> drops out at the beginning.) If it's not a week, can I suggest a week? It
> may further smooth out some of the daily bumps to only have one Monday, for
> example, in any given average, since the daily pattern is so extreme.
>

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Mikhail Popov <mpo...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> You can now apply various smoothers to the data on the Search Metrics
>> dashboard (e.g. http://searchdata.wmflabs.org/metrics/#failure_rate).
>> Smoothing can be applied globally or on a per-plot basis.
>>
>> Hopefully yinz will find this new feature useful!
>>
>> Cheers~
>>
>> --
>> *Mikhail Popov* // Data Analyst, Discovery
>> <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Discovery>
>> https://wikimediafoundation.org/
>>
>> *Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
>> the **sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment.* Donate
>> <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>.

*Mikhail Popov* // Data Scientist, Discovery