On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:10 PM, James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:16 AM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'd love to hear how this event was, if anyone was able to make it.
>
> I had a great time -- the highlight was meeting Karen Sue Rolph, who
> just left Stanford Management Company as their Special Projects
> Director, and is looking to support the open source community.  She
> knows more than half a dozen languages, is an anthropologist (but has
> Ph.D.s in multiple subjects) and so I think she would be ideal for
> California Chapter Principal Investigator.

Correction: Karen Sue has a Bachelors of Science in Conservation and
Resource Studies from UC, and the rest of her work, including her
Ph.D., is in anthropology.  She speaks and reads English, Spanish,
German, French, two dialects of Quechua, and reads Portuguese, Navajo,
Tohono O'Odham, and Chumash.