FYI -

I am currently working at an office building at Park Place in San
Mateo, just around the corner as it were from the exhibition center.
For any in-person physical-ish stuff getting ready for the actual
event, I can literally "just walk over" there.  It's about 1,050
meters door-to-door.

I know that large parts of the prep work are not onsite, but I am
certainly here as a resource nearby once onsite starts.

-george

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Jon Davis <w...@konsoletek.com> wrote:
> First: Save the dates for Maker Faire Bay Area: May 19 & 20 2012
>
> Ok, now that's out of the way... Phoebe and I have been nominally in charge
> of the WMF booth for the last few years.  Not that we both don't LOVE Maker
> Faire and love every second we are there... but it's exhausting... and we
> need some time off.  So before we get too close to Maker Faire, Phoebe and I
> are officially handing off the reigns to "The List" (IE You guys and gals).
>  We'd love for someone to speak up and take charge of the Maker Faire booth
> organization this year.  We're happy to help out (as normal people), but
> someone else needs to take the lead.
>
> If you're interested in Maker Faire (or trying to figure out what the heck
> I'm talking about) please see:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2010
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2011
>
> So far as I can tell, Maker registration is not open yet. So we've still got
> time to make plans and make them good!
>
> Also, for your planning
> enjoyment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2012
>
> Thanks
> -Jon (And Phoebe, who cannot be blamed for my terrible writing)
>

> --
> Jon
> [[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ
> http://snowulf.com/