Hear ye hear ye,

On 25 January 2016 at 15:16, Gaurav Vaidya <gau...@ggvaidya.com> wrote:

>> On 25 Jan 2016, at 12:22 PM, Neal McBurnett <n...@bcn.boulder.co.us> wrote:
>>
>> I think these all would work according to the guidelines.  The first one is
>> already the name of our group at
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo
>>
>> and it seems to have the easiest name to deal with, including a fine acronym.
>>
>> WIC: Wikimedians in Colorado
>> WCUGC: Wikimedia Community User Group Colorado
>> WCUG:  Wikimedians of Colorado User Group
>> CUW:   Colorado Users of Wikimedia
>> CEW:   Colorado Editors of Wikimedia
>> CUGW:  Colorado Users Group for Wikimedia
>> WOCCUG: Wikimedians of Colorado Community User Group
>> WITFR: Wikimedians in the Front Range
>> WOTFR: Wikimedians of the Front Range
>> FRUGW: Front Range User Group for Wikimedians
>>
>> But let's keep brainstorming for a bit more….
>
> Nice ideas! I like "Wikimedians of the Front Range”, "Wikimedians in
> Colorado”, "Wikimedians of Colorado User Group” and "Colorado Users Group for
> Wikimedia”, in that in order.
>
> Thanks for volunteering, Isarra! I don’t know if we can just enter four names
> into the form. I’ll see!
>
> cheers,
> Gaurav

I'm going to apply tomorrow (the form is at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contact/affcomusergroup) under
"Wikimedians in Colorado", since we currently have two votes for that
(Neal + me) and it's already our mailing list name. The three names on
the application form will be me, Neal and Todd, and I'll also add
Isarra if I can. If you object to any of this or think of a better
name, please let the list know in the next twenty-four hours, or
forever hold your peace.

cheers,
Gaurav