Hi Elias,

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I should know by now never to use
unexplained acronyms. A PEG grant is one of a few grant-type options
available from the Wikimedia Foundation.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG

I think it is the most suitable one for this proposal as a chapter wouldn't
qualify for an IEG (individual engagement grant), and the other, travel and
participation support, are mainly for one-time use by individuals.

The idea for this PEG grant is establishing a scholarship program at the
chapter level so that members can apply for, or request reimbursement from
the chapter.

Thanks,

Dorothy

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Elias Friedman <elipo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Being a paramedic, the first thing PEG brings to mind is:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percutaneous_endoscopic_gastrostomy
>
> But that seems unlikely. En.wiki's dab page was similarly unenlightening:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEG
>
> Google almost misled me into thinking it was a "Public Education Grant",
> but finally at the very bottom of the search page I found:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG
>
> Sent from my Droid 4
> Elias Friedman A.S., CCEMT-P
> אליהו מתתיהו בן צבי
> elipo...@gmail.com
> "יְהִי אוֹר"
> On Sep 8, 2014 10:17 AM, "Dorothy Howard" <dhow...@metro.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just started a Wikimedia PEG Grant draft for a joint grant
>> application between Wikimedia NYC and Wikimedia NE (the page is currently
>> mostly just a template, but it's a start).
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/WM_NYCWM_NE/Inter-chapter_travel_scholarship_project
>>
>> The grant will detail a project first proposed in the WMF IdeaLab
>> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/WM_NYC,_NE_inter-chapter_event_and_travel_compensation>,
>> the purpose of which is to establish a small scholarship program between
>> Wikimedia NYC and Wikimedia NE so that members of these two groups and be
>> compensated for travel and room and board (if necessary) so that they can
>> attend regional wiki events without incurring financial burden.
>>
>> I will be working with members of Wikimedia NE to complete this grant
>> application, and will seek review from the memberships of both WM NYC and
>> WM NE before the grant is submitted. That said, if anyone would like to be
>> apart of this grant writing process, please let me know and/or chime in
>> on-wiki.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Dorothy Howard
>>

>> --
>> Dorothy Howard
>> Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO)
>> 212.228.2320 x127

Dorothy Howard, Wikipedian-in-Residence and Open Data Fellow