I just got this reply from a friend of mine (and ours) who works for
Creative Commons Australia (based in Brissie) - Jessica Coates:

"This is a great development. We're hoping that this will be the example
that we need to push the rest of the Australian public sector over the edge.
We've been talking to lots of them, but we've needed someone to go first.
And the ABS is certainly a great case study."

She will be speaking at Brianna's Mini-conf in Hobart in January and is keen
to speak at the next Wiki-wednesday on the topic of 'the wikipedia clause'
in the GFDL and how it affects Creative Commons.

-Liam [[witty lama]]

On 12/6/08, Gnangarra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The easiest thing would be a formal invitation(from the Committee, soz
> Brianna) to Brian Pink of ABS giving them opportunity to talk to and discuss
> the change with a group of the end users of open source material.
>
> 2008/12/6 Confusing Manifestation <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Well, I certainly don't expect to "represent" the ABS, but there is an
>> office in St Andrews Square, so there's a reasonable chance someone
>> from there could get to a Wiki Wednesday. The shift to CC was
>> announced internally, but I had to restrain myself from spreading the
>> good news until I knew it had appeared on the site. I really wish I
>> knew who had been responsible for the decision, but I do know that the
>> Australian Statistician, Brian Pink, is very much pro-wiki (per, for
>> example,
>> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews_interviews_Australian_Statistician_Brian_Pink
>> ).
>>
>> CM