Sexuality sensitivity as an argument for banning, blocking or not using
Wikipedia is utter garbage.

Schools teach this from pre-primary onwards ok at pre-primary its just the
distinction between being a boy and a girl by grade 5 the class rooms are
discussing periods, sex, drugs the whole gamete of unmentionable topics.

As a parent I'd rather my children read and learn from neutral information
in an informed manor, within class room environment with teacher and peers
is a good external(non-home) environment. The children learn that saying no
is ok, they learn that its their decision that matter when it comes to them,
likewise to respect the choices of other people. They learn about being
safe, the learn of the dangers and consequences of the decisions they take.

Wikipedia has images of the human body these are realistic images rather
than un-natural representation that require surgery or self abuse to attain,
it also has images of the damage poor choices can result in. Its not perfect
nor is it comprehensive in some areas its limited but the major topics are
well covered they are heavily patrolled and problems rarely last more then a
minute or two. As a group we need to admit to the limitations and work to
improve them but we should also be high lighting the amount of positive
information, the way its neutrally presented and the fact that its not about
promoting unrealistic images of what's "normal".

Wikipedia is an encyclopaedia, schools have National Geographic, they have
copies of Britannica in their libraries, they have books specifically about
sex all with images that are comparable to what we have. We have depth, we
have currency, we are in the medium that children are most comfortable with.

We do cover every topic so yes they'll find articles about porn,
prostitution, drugs, along with death, religion, history, plants, wars,
buildings, places, people, events, maths, languages, cultures, politics,
medicine, space, ufos, literature, theatre, movies, games, tv shows, animals
and on, on...... because thats what Wikipedia is about. When you talk to a
teacher about Wikipedia talk about knowledge for its with knowledge that a
person grows, if they think that restricting knowledge maybe its better
point them to article on people like
Goebbles<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels>, Bin Laden  to
see what can be achieved by controlling the flow of
knowledge and the way its presented...

GN.
http://gnangarra.redbubble.com/