MessageWell, I just went through all the Australian Prime Minister articles to
see what state they were in - I expect that we'd ideally want to include all of
these if possible.  It took me about half an hour to do, although some of that
was spent messing with templates and the like.  The results are here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Australia/Australian_Schools_Selection/Article_Assessment_Workspace

In addition to seeing what we ideally should include, it also gives a good idea
on how good our coverage on this topic is (my verdict: good, but could be
better).

How do I envision this being delivered?  Hopefully we can stick it on some
hosting somewhere, put it under the WMAU domain name, and give teachers that
address (hopefully getting it whitelisted by the various state education
departments).  We then put prominently on the main page "There are 2.5 million
more articles at http://en.wikipedia.org";.

With that said, it's a fair chunk of work, although a good percentage of the
legwork has been done by the team that put together the existing Schools
Selection; it's an excellent base to build upon and they have really done a
fantastic job.  To use an encyclopædia analogy, I see this project as an
offering extra volume or two to a general encyclopædia for specifically
Australian subjects.

So what has to be done?  Ideally, we find out what teachers and educators want,
and include that content.  If any of those topics are poorly covered or not
covered at all, we collaborate to improve that content (this is a benefit that
flows back into the main WP project, as well).  Once we have our selection, we
pick "good" revisions that do not have any vandalism, are properly cited, etc.
We make a copy of them somewhere (a private Wiki, perhaps), and remove anything
WP-specific that doesn't make sense on a partial snapshot copy, such as
disambig headers.  We also remove any unfree media that might be in the
article.  We add in a link at the bottom of each page to the "live" version of
the article on the main WP site.  We do any copyediting that has to be done.

Now, doing all this will be a pretty big job, but I'm sure its nothing we can't
handle.  The big challenge at this point is talking to educators and finding
out what they want.

In any case, I'm open to ideas, as I'm sure there are things I've not
considered yet.  I don't have any special claims of ownership over this little
mini-project, so if ýou're interested, please go and edit the page and jot down
your own thoughts!

Cheers,
Craig

Craig Franklin