NC is ok its not ideal nor does it make it possible for reuse on all
Wikimedia sites but the release is a step in the right direction for us, at
some time the future they'll see the benefit to themselves by allowing
commercial use as well, until then we can appreciate the significance of the
release and encourage them to continue with making works available.

2009/2/17 Karl Goetz <k...@kgoetz.id.au>

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:06:47 +1100
> Nathan Carter <cartma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A big boost for the free-culture movement in Australia
>
> Great to see (pity about the -nc though).
> kk
>

> > 2009/2/17 Jessica Coates <j2.coa...@qut.edu.au>:
> > > A couple of days ago the ABC's excellent collaborative media site,
> > > Pool, posted a recording of genetics professor Steve Jones talking
> > > about Darwin's life and work under a Creative Commons
> > > Attribution-Noncommercial licence. As far as we're aware, this is
> > > the very first time material from the ABC archives has been
> > > released under a Creative Commons licence.
> > >
> > > And this is just the beginning. Pool plans to release a whole
> > > series of ABC archival materials that for remixing as part of its
> > > its Gene Pool project.
> > >
> > > We're all very excited here at CCau. The ABC has, almost without
> > > question, the largest historical audiovisual archive in Australia.
> > > Just think what we can do with it.
> > >
> > > Read more about it at CCau here:
> > > http://creativecommons.org.au/node/211
> > >
> > > Or on Pool itself:
> > >
> http://pool.org.au/blog/pool_team/gene_pool_launch_and_open_archives_release
> .
> > >

> > > Jessica Coates
>

> --
> Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
> Debian user / gNewSense contributor
> http://www.kgoetz.id.au
> No, I won't join your social networking group

GN.
http://gnangarra.redbubble.com/