> So here is the summary:
Cool, so sounds like 3 main areas, in rough order of priority (for the headings
only, not necessarily within the headings):
== Public Relations / Communication with the general public ==
* "Concentrate on cultivating positive and broad press, and develop more
promotional material (press kits) for the Wikimedia projects" (top priority)
* "Run Wikipedia Academy events for the general public"
* "Host a WikiConf in Canberra in late 2009"
== Education + Schools ==
* "Run events (e.g. talks) for educators"
* "Create a 'Wikimedia for Australian schools' selection"
* "Create classroom kit for teaching Wikipedia on the NSW HSC syllabus"
== Meetups ==
* "Host regular meetups in as many cities as possible, and online events such
as editing competitions for members and IRC meetings"
* "Host a WikiConf in Canberra in late 2009" (listed twice as I'm presuming
this is half meetup / half for the public, so kind of comes under both
Personal comment .... would it be worth trying to combine some of these:
E.g. a if there was a conf in Canberra, could it potentially be combined
with an academy + talks for educators + meetup + press release about the
event with various newspapers/media invited? That would tick a lot of
boxes in terms of outcomes that people want (although also be a lot of
-- All the best,
Wikimediaau-l mailing list