2009/3/11 Nick Jenkins <nic...@gmail.com>:

> Personal comment .... would it be worth trying to combine some of these:
> E.g. a if there was a conf in Canberra, could it potentially be combined
> with an academy + talks for educators + meetup + press release about the
> event with various newspapers/media invited? That would tick a lot of
> boxes in terms of outcomes that people want (although also be a lot of
> work!)

Yes. When we discussed it recently, Liam suggested the format of 2
days "internal" conf + 1 day Wikipedia Academy for the general public.
I really like this idea. I consider any "conf" style event would  tick
the box for meetup, and having a general public focused event gives us
a good reason to get and pursue press.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/