Thanks Guys,

Replies one by one below,

>>>>>Simon,

All of those people have now been personally invited and some have actually

already registered.

Hmm... hadn't thought about the Aarnet thing. Will look into it. They do

have some facilities for video-streaming the event already set up, but it's

a matter of the facilities costs/time/staff/benefit. I'll check. We will be

filming the presentations and placing them on the website soon after the

event (at the very least).

wittylama.com/blog

Peace, love & metadata

Liam, I'm hoping you'll be looking at this in the broader (global)
perspective with GLAM being the icebreaker.

Aarnet is the NREN in OZ with one in other countries.

Try guido or jason(on their staff register on their site). I've already
suggested a link up from BA to Oz for wikimania.

Closer to you is http://www.arcs.org.au/about

which if you drill into will take you to intersect and a few local unis.
They'll trust you.

If you're filming then all they need to provide is an input/output to the
network (and maybe you'll provide an email, twitter or forum to handle
feedback). If you wanted to open this up, then you could talk to arno van
der kraan at
http://sydney.sae.edu/en-gb/news/421/SAE_Institute_Supports_Local_Community
about sending a few students to look after the AV into aarnet (and provide
the equipment). I've introduced arno and guido, re: BA.

BTW. sae's version of arcs-type tools look like this.
http://www.hobnox.com/index.1018.en.html?blg[project_handle]=livetool-projec
<http://www.hobnox.com/index.1018.en.html?blg%5bproject_handle%5d=livetool-p
roject&blg%5bid%5d=2418&blg%5bproc%5d=show> &blg[id]=2418&blg[proc]=show

The "sell" is that we are all moving from one (media/education) model to
another and the only way we'll progress is by "doing it".

http://www.wikieducator.org/Funding_proposals/Towards_open_participatory_lea
rning_environments:_Open_textbooks,_educator_training#Improving_collaboratio
n_and_content_interoperability_between_mainstream_OER_projects

This is the same story for both WE(ducator) and WMF's
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communication_Projects_Group

==============

Sarah, Great news about Roxanne (and nice to see the girls are arm
wrestling).

If you want to plant a seed in the librarian community you might ask the
question.

Why shouldn't the library catalog be an encyclopaedia?

http://www.oclc.org/programsandresearch/parcasts/default.htm

Angela,

Hopefully Wayne will come (and talk about his doc above).

Anne Hurley from www.commsalliance.com.au may be interested.(although not a
speaker).

And John Butterworth from the AIMIA (interactive media industry
association)could use the education.

Lastly marktf from education.au should be interested.
http://me.edu.au/b/marktf/

I'll beat the bushes in the mass media space (my bro is at the financial
review). But I have to leave these kinds of contacts to you, cause I'm far
to ancient to be considered "cool"(or is that "bad").

All the best, simon