I answered the questions guardedly as you can probably tell :) I think I was
fairly represented in the article as you can see below.

Re general stuff, part of my reply was: "I don't agree with the findings as
a general rule for Wikipedia although it may apply to the participants in
some of Wikipedia's stranger conflicts. If you want to see grumpiness and
closed-mindedness at work, hanging around AN/I and RfAr (where our stickiest
problems end up) is always fun - intractably opposed contributors, many with
vested interests, slugging it out to the death. However I don't think this
applies more broadly to the encyclopaedia's culture which is a lot less fun
to watch." I then explained Wikipedia's policy-based culture.

The answer I gave him re Australia was in part: "I find Australian Wikipedia
is one of the oases of relative calm on Wikipedia generally - I retreat to
it when stressed with working on other areas. This can be measured in part
by the lack of arbitration interest in our project - only one Arbitration
Committee proceeding, back in 2006, ever centred on an Australian article,
and that was not a conflict in the traditional sense." I also said the
reason for this in my view is that the Australian community works in good
faith, is a meritocracy and works pragmatically.

cheers
Andrew