as much as I would like to say WM-Au could put up it's hand to bid for this
tender, I do not believe we have the capacity to do so. The project is worth
$40k and must be delivered by October. I do believe we should assist if
possible (e.g. provide a briefing paper or advice?) but I for one do not
have the time or expertise to manage such a project nor do I think WM-Au has
the requisite level of maturity to bid for tenders or publicly-listed grants
in general (at least, not yet).

Nevertheless, I do agree with you that the Gov2.0 taskforce and these
tenders (especially number 1,4 and 6) will greatly assist in our work as
Free Culuture advocates in Australia.
Best,
-Liam [[witty lama]]

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Simonpedia <si...@cols.com.au> wrote:

>  Guys,
>

> I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed the GLAM get together.
>
> And hopefully you jetsetters are starting to recover from Wikimania.
>

> I was wondering if this would be of interest to anyone, so far as the first
> (revenue based) project, under a wiki australia banner, which might help
> achieve some of the things GLAMwiki aims to do?
> http://gov2.net.au/blog/2009/09/01/open-for-business/ No. 6
>

> I’m taking it, that if we can get a Minister to put a policy in place that
> says “every Aussie cultural institution will put an adequate license on
> every cultural web site”, some of the things Liam and Brianna spoke about
> will become possible. And these will need to be scoped here. More
> importantly, it might provide for the birth of new media industries, and
> educational institutions.
>

> I’ll also point to this url as I’m pretty sure it will be(come) useful in
> resolving the concept of having a commons in one domain, and sharing it with
> another. (And Wikimedia and OCLC are going to have to put their heads
> together about this sooner or later, because they are the main .org for
> influencing global libraries). http://purl.oclc.org/docs/index.html
>

> Regards,
>
> simonfj

wittylama.com/blog