Hello members and friends,

At the end of January, the committee is having a face to face meeting
in Melbourne to get to know one another, strategise and make plans for
2010.

Before that meeting, it will be useful to have some explicit
brainstorming as a way for the committee to collect some idea of what
we collectively consider important, or would like to see.

Last year we did a brief survey, which wasn't a huge success; this
year I would like to try something different. I set up a site for us
at http://wmau.ideascale.com/

This site lets anyone suggest an idea, and others can put a number of
votes to support various ideas. I have it configured so that anyone
who registers with IdeaScale can add a new idea or vote on ideas. With
voting, every user has a fixed number of votes (50 I think), and you
can put multiple votes on an idea if you really like it. If you don't
like an idea, just don't give it any votes. :) You can also of course
add comments, and that is probably the most valuable thing you can do.

I would guess this is most useful for 1) things that take longer than
a week to plan and 2) things that involve or have some impact on the
membership and/or general public. So this will not encompass all of
the committee's responsibilities; some tech and policy and governance
things won't be relevant to mention here.

Secondly for Melburnians, we are planning to arrange a meetup for one
of the meals on the weekend, probably in Richmond or the CBD. The
details will appear soon at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Melbourne_15 .

Please feel free to give your feedback on this list or privately.

thanks,
Brianna
WMAU president