It would be worth considering whether the ABS is actually funded to provide the
IT infrastructure and staff time needed to set up and maintain arrangements to
allow people to download the entire Census dataset (which I suspect would be a
fairly unusual requirement). In my experience ABS staff are pretty keen to have
people use their data - the problem is that they're permanently short of money
for non-essential tasks and need to cover at least some of their costs for
non-core business as they're not funded for it.

Regards, Nick