I find the ABS better than most government departments.  Although I haven't
found stable deeplinks to census data, I'm reasonably happy with everything
else.

Just a reminder that every timeseries the ABS makes available (all 64293 of
them) has been plotted, is available on Commons, and gets updated to
incorporate additional datapoints and new datasets:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_using_data_from_the_Australian_Bureau_of_Statistics
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Statistics_of_Australia
About one hundred of these are in use on en-wiki, but I think there's
potential for plenty more.

Also, if it's census data you want, I have written the scripts to make maps
like these for any census question (in the Basic Community Profile so far)
for any geographic subdivision method:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_maps_using_data_from_the_Australian_Bureau_of_Statistics
I'd like to improve them before doing a mass upload, but if you want
anything in particular, let me know.

Toby / 99of9