The Volunteer support program
<http://www.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Program:Volunteer_support_program> is
there for more complex or larger requests, if we have people in these
fields incurring costs for others then WMAu is available to help, we can
include other skills within the register as well the idea is to  break the
small cost which feel too trivial for some but are a burden for others from
creating collaboration barriers.

It'd also consolidate and simplify  the reporting necessary for  activities
using member funds with these small amounts

On 7 May 2015 at 10:39, Leigh Blackall <leighblack...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good idea.
>
> I would like to one day see this extended to producers of other media as
> well. Video, animation, audio.. Which are especially useful in the projects
> beyond Wikipedia. Wikinews, Books, Species, Versity...
> On 7 May 2015 12:31 pm, "Gnangarra" <gnanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just throwing a thought out there to discuss
>>
>> WMAu has for the last few years run an equipment support program where by
>> photographers can get an incentive to provide photographs through funds to
>> help with the purchase of new/updated equipment. A number of people
>> including myself have availed ourselves of the assistance,
>>
>> What I was thinking about is could we encourage greater collaboration
>> through a register of local photographers who would be willing to fulfill
>> requests for specific images.   WMAu could support this program by enabling
>> the photographers to have an approved yearly budget say $100 each to cover
>> transport costs for such requests, with out  the need to go to the
>> committee for small costs.  These photographers could also be accredited
>> WMAu photographers who could apply for access to events under a media
>> accreditation like was organised for the Avalon airshow.
>>
>> Thoughts on what you like to see....
>>

>> --
>> ‚Äčideon‚Äč
>>
>> Vice President Wikimedia Australia