how I see the process working

   1. photographer applies to the committe to be listed,
      1. committee approves the individual and a budget based on a number
      of factors, locality, available transport, experience, past reporting
      2. committee sets conditions for request, GA or FA content, how far,
      maximum individual action costs, transport type etc
   2. editor request a photo
   3. photographer takes, uploads photos
   4. submits reciepts to treasurer for payment

Its not for outside groups, large projects nor really new editors as some
involvement with a past record of success is required before preapproving
people to spend WMAu funds, the aim is for experienced individuals to
collaborate more effectively. Given that its community funds with oversight
but individual making specific decisions on spending would like to think
that such trust is vested primarily in members of the WMAU community.

As an example User:Casliber is writing another FA on a banksia but lacks a
selection of photographs, he know this banksia is common within 100km of
Perth there are two registered photographers in Perth Cas contacts one to
get a variety of shots to get them the person needs to catch train, fare
cost $16.90 return. The photographer decides that the request fits all of
the conditions so goes and takes the photos uploads them to commons Cas
uses them in the article. Photographer  submits the reciepts to the
treasurer and get reimbursed $16.90, the photographer then writes a
paragraph on an activity page explaining what took place the article for
which the images were requested and a link to the images taken. Then either
at the end of the period placed on the individual rpogram or when the
photographer requires additional funding due to the number of requests the
report is formally accepted into the committee minutes.

Past practices would be an indicator for future needs, say we have 3 people
approved in Perth but no request then the next allocated funds could be
reduced or the number of approved people reduced, say there is a demand in
Brisbane where there is one photographer spending their allocation every
two months then a larger allocation could be given or effort put into
identifying additional photographers to spread the work load.

On 7 May 2015 at 11:10, Kerry Raymond <kerry.raym...@wikimedia.org.au>
wrote:

>    It sounds like a good plan. I can see how it would be useful to some
> of our existing photographers. Also it might provide a way to engage with
> local photography societies.
>

> Would the requests be sent to WMAU and be forwarded to a suitably local
> registered photographers or would registered photographers just pick from
> articles in an agreed local subcategory of:
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_requested_photographs_in_Australia
>

> or some other process?
>

> Kerry

GN.