De: THURNER rupert <rupert.thur...@wikimedia.ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:59:47 +0100
Sujet: [Wikimediach-l] "private" wiki for members?
À: wikimediach-l@lists.wikimedia.org
hi,

frederic proposed, that projects should have a possibility to use our
wiki(s) and anyway hide information from the general public. an
example would be lists of persons to contact with phone numbers.

the ideal case would be a wiki which supports access control lists,
like http://moinmo.in/HelpOnAccessControlLists does.

for mediawiki i am a little clueless what the best solution might be.
what possibilities would we have, and which one would you favour?

1. http://members.wikimedia.ch
a dedicated members wiki, somebody does theh user registration as long
there is no automatic way

2. http://wikimedia.ch with hiddenwiki
patch our current wiki with
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hiddenwiki/, which would allow to hide
away namespaces
viewable only to users with special rights.

3. ??

kr, rupert.