Hi Clément,

This should answer your legal question :

admin.ch :  « Haltereigenschaft(en) nach SVG »  / « Qualité(s) de détenteur
selon la LCR »

https://www.regress.admin.ch/fileadmin/redaktion/Dienstleistungen/Ausbildung/d/Bt_Haltereigenschaften_nach_SVG_d_2013.pdf
https://www.regress.admin.ch/fileadmin/redaktion/Dienstleistungen/Ausbildung/f/Bt_Haltereigenschaften_nach_SVG_f_2013.pdf

I agree with your view that you should clarify the situation and your
respective roles with WMCH before using the drone.

In my interpretation, if WMCH reserves for itself the right to decide who is
allowed to use or steer the drone, if it is up to WMCH to decide whether the
drone is in an appropriate state to be used, and if WMCH pays for the
exploitation cost, they would be considered the Halter / détenteur. If the
association delegates this role to you, you would be the Halter / détenteur,
independently from the fact that the association is the owner of the drone
(most likely even if the association is re-funding the exploitation cost).

Probably it would be wise to have a written agreement with the insurance
company that the association is to be considered the Halter / détenteur
whenever the drone is being used by en employee or a member of the association,
and to have an agreement between the association and the users of the drone
regarding the conditions of use (e.g. users have to prove that they are able to
steer it; the use is only allowed in the interest of association goals).

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. So take this information and advice at your own
risk.

Cheers,
Beat