Aww, bureaucracy!

I think 80G is nice to have, but shouldnt stop us. Also we are not probably
looking at large scale(We would love if they come), but typically my
equivalents to 5 10 20 dollors would 250 500 1000 INR for which most would
not take trouble of getting receipts and eventually getting the
benefit(Atleast the folks who do online donations) since the tax benefit
would be negligible.

So my next question is without which are we eligible to collect donations
online, would just like to know the bureaucracy around it? I now know the
chapter can receive donations through NEFT[1].If we are good to go then the
next thing to work out would be a payment gateway / payments partner helping
us in giving options to various bank netbanking / credit/debit cards,
ofcourse a decent API. The more the merrier. Also if we could get some
sponsorship/deal from them in terms of the cut they take for transaction
cost. People who have experience with online payment solutions can add their
inputs.

[1] http://wiki.wikimedia.in/images/9/92/Wikimedia_Donation_Form.pdf

Regards
Srikanth.L