On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Vickram Crishna
<vvcris...@radiophony.com> wrote:
> Assuming this question is not restricted for WMF outreachers only:
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM, sankarshan <foss.mailingli...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Nitika <ntan...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> > How many students edited articles outside of their in-class assignments?
>>
>> This is an interesting and non-trivial question. Which prompts me to
>> ask - why would you want to track this ?
>>
> It is quite possible that many students get conditioned to look at school
> assignments as 'work', and either try and avoid doing any work outside of
> the amount specifically committed, or avoid doing anything considered as
> work outside of the time allotted for 'work'.

The part that prompted me to ask the question was whether this data
point is contrary/orthogonal to the "contribute to Wikipedia" effort
undertaken via Campus Ambassadors in conjunction with CoEP etc. I
recall reading articles where it was emphasized that editing of
Wikipedia will be part of credits earned in class.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>