+1 to Pranav's comment on lack of a local team. The main problem as I see
in India will be the distance and hence someone in Delhi can't really be of
much help to someone in Bombay.
While you guys set up a local team and figure out logistical details, may I
please suggest that you consider these aspects?

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM, <wheredevelsd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Iv been following this for some time now - afaik, an Indian bid for 2013
> will stand a strong chance. 2012 is going to take place in the US and there
> is an unwritten rule for holding it in different continents each year
> (though there is no compulsion, this has been followed so far) and with
> India being a focus area for WMF, things look bright.
>
> However, the major factor is putting together a '''Strong''' local team -
> which I dont see at the moment, which makes things difficult. @ WCI 11 we
> were sorely short of hands. Lots of people gave "advice", but when it came
> down to actually doing things, hardly anyone came forward.
>
> > From: gau...@prathambooks.org
> > Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:40:27 +0530
> > To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
> > Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Wikimania 2013 -
> Announcement of Jury and invitation to bid
> >
> > On 13 January 2012 12:36, Naveen Francis <navee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > As promised, for Wikimania 2013[0] I hereby announce the Jury[1] to
> > > select the winning bid, and invite everyone to consider putting a
> > > bid[2] together:
> >
> > Nice! Hopefully being on the jury does not disqualify allied Chapter's
> > from bidding?
> >
> > Go WMIN!
> >

> > Thank you.
> >
> > Best,