I strongly concur with the most of the thoughts of Ashwin below.

The need of the hour is the build the strong Indian Wikipedias and
Wiki-communities within India.
IMHO, We are too early to host a Wikimania in India. While we had a
successful Wikiconference Mumbai, I think we all agree that we were still
short of lot of hands and infrastructure.
Based on my experiences of attending previous Wikimanias, I can say that
the standards should be much high, when you are hosting a Wikimania, where
more than 500+ international delegates attend. ( Except yea, in Gdansk ;) )

My personal suggestion is that we withdraw the bids for Delhi / Mumbai for
Wikimania 2013. We should a host a few more Wiki-Conferences at different
cities in India annually, till we are mature enough for a Wikimania ( may
be in 2014-16).  Also, there is no need of a national Wikiconference on the
same year we are hosting a Wikimania.

Regards
Tinu Cherian