Ravi,
With close to 16 hours of power cuts in Coimbatore, I've been unable to
hold meetups.
The last time I requested a venue, it was politely declined citing they
didn't know whether there would be power or not.
--Srikanth.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Harsh Kothari <harshkothari...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey
> Agree with Arnav. Gujarat has awesome facility of power.. There is no
> power cut in ahmedabad and other cities as well as rural areas.
>
> Regards
> ---
> Harsh Kothari
> Research Fellow,
> Physical Research Laboratory(PRL).
> Ahmedabad.
>

> On 28-Oct-2012, at 1:56 AM, Arnav Sonara wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> In Gujarat I can assure you nothing this *drastic* or *unfortunate*
> situation is there, in some villages in Gujarat there are regular power
> cuts.
>
> In Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities once in a week for about 3-5 hours power cut
> (fix timing though).
>
> I don't remember when was the last power cut in Ahmedabad.
>
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since 2009, most of Tamilnadu is facing a power crisis. It started with
>> few hours of power cut. For the last few months, it has gone up to *18
>> to 20 hours of unscheduled power cut every single day. *Only Chennai
>> city is exempted with a 2 hour power cut. Government is not sure when the
>> crisis will be resolved. It could be next year or it could take few more
>> years.
>>
>> What this means for the growth of Wikimedia expansion in Tamilnadu?
>>
>> Every single contributor in Tamilnadu that  I talk to are *unable to
>> contribute to their full capacity* because of the power cuts. I fear
>> that this may be a *bigger concern in attracting new contributors*. When
>> there is only few hours of power left, other major concerns like work and
>> study will be given priority. There won't be much time for hobbies and
>> forget geeky activities like Wikipedia editing. This is a *major blow*given
>> the fact that computer and internet usage was increasing in the last
>> few years.
>>
>> How is the power situation in other states?
>>
>> Ravi

> Thanks
> Arnav (ricku).
> (User:Rangilo_Gujarati)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rangilo_Gujarati>

Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Sign this petition to introduce Volvo buses in Coimbatore city:
https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/the-transport-minister-tamil-nadu-introduction-of-volvo-city-buses-in-the-city-of-coimbatore