On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Karthik Nadar <karthik...@wikimedia.in>wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> Wikimedia India in association with Acharya Narendra Dev College New Delhi
> and Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore will be hosting the launch
> of Creative Commons India in New Delhi on 12 November, 2013 with Minister
> of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Shashi Tharoor as Chief Guest.
> It would be really nice if you could join us.
>
> Details of the event can be found here:
> wiki.wikimedia.in/Events/Creative_Commons_India_launch

AFAIK Creative commons india is launched in January 26 2007 in India in a
function at IIT Bombay , with Shishir K. Jha as Project Lead and Lawrence
Liang as Legal Lead .CC-2.5-IN series licenses are basically developed by
this team .  Even Last year I heard about CC India in this list
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2011-June/003381.html

This is a snapshot of their old website from internet archive
https://web.archive.org/web/20081220221749/http://cc-india.org/

Link to Launch event Blogpost
https://web.archive.org/web/20081220221749/http://cc-india.org/index.php?q=node/23

This looks like a relaunch . It will be good if you can explain why it is
relaunching in the above mentioned wiki page

~ regards
Anivar