Hello,

So far only five guys have filled in their names at the etherpad.

I will organize with BT to get the tourists permit just in case it might be
requested for by a person in authority.

We hope to meet at the Tom Mboya monument at 10:00am where we shall decide
which route to take as per the goals
here.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_takes_Nairobi/Goals>
*
Basic requirements:*

   - Camera (not compulsory!)
   - Walk/Vehicle to move around/ public transport/ autos are also okay.
   - Data cable/ card reader for transfer of photos.
   - Disable on-image timestamps or other data that appears over-top of
   images.
   - Please empty the memory card.

*Other activities:*

   - Encourage new people from outside the community to join.
   - This is a team event.

*Do's:*

   - Bring plenty of water.
   - Do not worry about the angles/ nitty gritties of the photo or your
   camera skills!
   - Try and take a clear shot of the building.
   - Note down the list of places, names of buildings that you photograph.
   - If you learn something new about a landmark/ statue/ building, do pass
   on the info. It would be very useful to update in the wiki pages.
   - If you want to leave early, make sure you transfer your pictures to
   team volunteer.

*Do not:*

   - Do not take pictures of people - To maintain a level of decency and
   also not to breach privacy
   - Remember that all photos will be used for Wikipedia, hence do not
   include personal photos.
   - Personal photos will not be considered for selection.
   - Do not waste time, respect the time limit.
   - Do not go into people's homes to photograph. All photos to be
   buildings/ statues/ landmarks of Nairobi.
   - Do not take photos where it is prohibited to do so.

Just in case something is not clear, please feel free to ask.

regards,

Stephen.

In case of anything:

Contact : Stephen: +254722238165

                Alex:  +254713370967

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Alex Wafula <xelaw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey Isaac,
>
> Yah, we have a target list which will focus on the CBD and partially Upper
> Hill. This is derived from the one we had for WTN. Copies will be printed
> out to teams on D-Day
>
> And if you are turining up for this, please put up your name on this pad:
> http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/wtn for planning purposes.
>
> Alex
>   ------------------------------
> **
>
> Hey About the photo walk lets just go on with it in the hope that city
> council askaris wont harass us.
> By the way have you come up with a list of places?
>
> On 22 February 2012 21:29, Michelle Shivu <shivumic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> @steve
> i had earlier asked whether:
>  if i needed to be part of the outreach (going to egerton for open source
> day) what do i have to undertake , any signing up or anything...what does
> it entail..
> please enlighten me so that if i can, i can be part of it.
>
> good evening
>

> On 22 February 2012 17:24, Oliver Stegen <i...@oliverstegen.net> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> This sounds more ridiculous by the minute.
> Do you want to "hire" me as a tourist who's taking pictures? :)
> Unfortunately, I wouldn't be available tomorrow (Thursday) in order to
> accompany you to the City Council to get a tourist photo permission (I'm
> sure that tourists don't need a letter from the ministry of anywhere). But
> on Saturday, I'd be happy to accompany you (of course, I'm only one
> non-African-looking guy, so if you have several groups, I could only
> accompany one).
>
> Hope the photo walk doesn't die on us for Saturday.
> Oliver (aka BT)

My Blog <http://uwanja.wordpress.com>   |  @uwanja
<https://twitter.com/#%21/uwanja>|
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/swanjau>   |

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.