Hi Victor,

Last year when we had our meetup in early November, Aaron Muszalski had said
that he may be coming to Nairobi to do the same thing. A bunch of people on
this list indicated people who would be a good fit but we never heard back from
Aaron -- at least I didn't after I sent a bunch of emails asking if he wanted
to host a joint meetup. So maybe go back to the mails from around the 24th of
October last year?

Best,
Heather.

On Apr 2, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Victor Grigas wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My name is Victor Grigas and I'm a storyteller with the Wikimedia Foundation
> in San Francisco. I'm chronicling the inspiring stories of the Wikipedia
> community from around the world -- stories are critical to inform and inspire
> the general public to support the Wikipedia movement by donating their money
> or to become volunteers themselves.
>
> After seeing this inspiring story about Gabriel Nderitu from Kenya-
>
> http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/10/26/kenyan-man-builds-airplane-in-yard-based-mostly-on-wikipedia-entries/
>

> and hearing about the 'Project for Kenyan Schools', I thought that it might
> be fruitful to plan a trip to Kenya to interview Kenyan Wikipedians
> face-to-face.
>
> I would like to co-ordinate my storytelling activities with Wikimedia Kenya.
> I would need to confirm that I have at least 15 people to speak with who may
> have interesting stories about Wikipedia to make the trip worth the money. If
> needed, I could hire a translator. My understanding is that iHub in Nairobi
> hosts Wiki-meetups once a month. It may be feasible to attend a meetup there
> and interview people individually after that?
>
> Please let me know what you think, I would very much like the opportunity to
> represent Africa and Kenya in the fundraiser this year.
>
> I am sending this message to everyone I can reach at Wikimedia Kenya. Please
> let me know if there is a more formalized process to reach people.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Victor Grigas
>
> --
> Victor Grigas