Having an Audit Committee is a good idea, however my question is, What are
its mandates? I mean like yes I want us to have one, but what happens when
they make recommendations incases of malpractice in the board?  I say this
because technically all the members have been some sort of auditors and
have been checking and asking for answers from the board especially as
regards to vary many decisions, financials included. So please let us lay
out the mandate of the committee  and there is nothing worse like
making recommendations that never get implemented like
most commissions and committees in Kenya.....my personal  2 cents

That Said, I know Abbas, Grace (who stepped down from the Chapter) and
Kosgei are the other volunteers, so I guess we have an audit Committee ready

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Branton Obwari <bruceobw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi ,
> matters of integrity ,n accountability are bound to rise ,in this kind
> of organisation i personally thought the issue we just heard on the
> mailing list would have been avoided if there was an audit unit as
> suggested earlier .
>      i am available to volunteer on that capacity together with others.
>                                                               My regrds
>
> Bruce.
>
> On 7/25/12, David Mugo <raidar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I hope you are good, I am writing this in great concern of what is
> > happening with the chapter and finances. We are a very young chapter and
> we
> > need not be where we are at this point. When we elected the board, we
> > agreed to have an audit committee that will be there to keep check on the
> > board's decisions in all matters including finances.
> >
> > The fact that WMKE is ran by the board means we need an external organ to
> > ensure accountability and responsibility.
> >
> > I would hereby propose that we suggest/nominate 4 members who can handle
> > this until we have the next meeting to either confirm the members or
> > conduct a process to appoint these members. I would like to leave this
> open
> > but also insist that it is really urgent as we decide on the current
> > situation, its solution and action to be taken by the chapter regarding
> the
> > matter. Please suggest names or volunteer and we can all come up with a
> > final process to create membership of this committee.
> >
> > --
> > David Mugo,
> > Adviser to Kenya's VP on Digital Media & Technology,
> > CEO & Board Chairman, Wikimedia Kenya
> > http://mugo.me
> > Twitter: @raidarmax

Regards,

Limoke Oscar,
Dream.Believe.Become....a world of endless oportunities