Just because everyone turned up from Euston in this case simply confirms
what I was saying - Londoners thought it was worth making the trip, people
from say, Bolton, would have decided Salford was difficult to get to and
stayed at home. When considering cities the ease with which the station can
be reached from everywhere should be the priority, be it Manchester
Piccadilly or London Liverpool Street.

2008/12/1 Thomas Dalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> 2008/12/1 Al Tally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Thomas Dalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> >> Well, yes, but that doesn't affect Alison's point. Anywhere in
> >> Manchester would have been a bad choice of venue.
> >
> > Not necessarily. You can get to anywhere in the world from Manchester
> > Piccadilly.
>
> Yes, but if everyone is travelling there via Euston, then somewhere
> near Euston would be a far better venue.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

-WB Yeats