Andrew (C), we know Direct Debits are what we ultimately want, but
whatever bank we were with we would still not be able to use them for
at least a year, and not able to afford to use them for longer
probably.

In the meantime, I would expect a reasonable proportion of our users
to have internet banking (since they're tech savvy etc.), and for
those that don't there are other options. Paypal has (if I remember
right) a regular payment option.

Tom