Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:01:38 +0000
From: cormag...@gmail.com
To: wikimediauk-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Wikimediauk-l] Manchester Free Culture Group

Hi,
I've been discussing with a few people (not on this list) about forming a group
of people in and around Manchester who are interested in free culture - for
seminars, workshops, and other related activities. There have been a few very
small and informal meetings so far - but we're planning to involve a diverse
range of people and groups, and organise a first 'proper' meeting in February.

So, this mail is for two things. Firstly, if anyone on this list is interested
in such a group, you can contact me offlist for now - as we don't yet have a
website or mailing list. Which brings me to the second point - which is to ask
whether Wikimedia UK could support such locally-based activities by, for
example, hosting a mailing list, wiki, and/or other webspace? It seems to me to
be well within WMUK's remit - but I'd like to hear what other people on this
list think.

Also, please feel free to forward this mail to any other people or groups you
think might be interested.
Thanks,Cormac