On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:

> > Which brings me to the second point - which is to ask whether
> > Wikimedia UK could support such locally-based activities by, for
> > example, hosting a mailing list, wiki, and/or other webspace? It
> > seems to me to be well within WMUK's remit - but I'd like to hear
> > what other people on this list think.
>
> One possibility is that, once we have a wiki set up, part of it could
> be used for MFCG, similar to how Wikimedia UK is currently hosted on
> part of the meta wiki. Would that be adequate for your purposes? It
> would obviously have to be approved in a board meeting if it was.
>
> Alternatively, as Mark says, ask around. I also have spare webspace,
> which it might be possible for MFCG to use.
>
> Mike

Thanks for this, Mike. I'm still looking into what I can arrange on my own
bat (or with help!) - and a big consideration for me right now is to have
something in place soon, so I can at least point people to a place they can
get more information or be kept in the loop. But, whatever hosting
arrangements we work out, I certainly want to sustain links between this
local initiative, and the wider one of WMUK.

Cormac