On Jan 16, 1:32 pm, "Michael Bimmler" <mbimm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder whether at times there should be "membership raisers" rather
> than fundraisers...

Thanks for your comments here - that sparked a very good point which I
wanted to mention as well.

At the moment we have 12 members/applicants but before the AGM happens
we need to encourage as many people as possible to join up. We've been
holding off a bit with this until the bank account is opened, but that
should now be ready in a matter of days.

Some ideas have already been put up here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_UK#inviting_people_to_join
but it's worth asking again - any more ideas for how we can spread the
word and sign people up?

Andrew